Our solicitors provide a business debt recovery service which is effective and fast.
If you need a commercial debt recovery service to help your business recover its debts, our solicitors can offer a debt recovery service tailored to your specific needs.
Our objective is to recover your debt as quickly as possible on a commercial basis.
Debt Claims- Our Fees
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt Value||Court Fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)||Total|
|£5,000 - £10,000||£205.00||£500 (£100 VAT)||£805.00|
|£5,001 - £10,000||£455.00||£850 (£170 VAT)||£1,475.00|
|£10,001 - £50,000||5% value of the claim||£2,000 (£400 VAT)||£2,400 plus 5% of the value of the claim.|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 28 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 4-12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.